The Ledger is back!
Sorry about the long pause in writing…sometimes the military takes precedence over everything common. It’s quite ok, that is what I signed up for. Nevertheless, I have a good interview cooking up with one of D/FW’s lovable yet controversial sports radio hosts!
- It’s been a bad few weeks for sports in Spain.
Sergio Garcia’s recent meltdown on the links comes on the heels of previous poor showings for Spanish sports. Powerful Spanish futbol clubs Barcelona and Real Madrid also folded under pressure last month in the semi-finals of the Champions League. What could have been an all-Spanish championship abruptly turned into an all-German match as Bayern Munich and Borussia clobbered Messi & Ronaldo.
- Who would have thought we could possibly see a Golden State-Memphis Western Conference Finals?
- That comeback by the Boston Bruins against Toronto……Unbelievable!
- It is apparent Mark Cuban is a forward thinker. With his roster in shambles headed into the 2013-14 season, he has authorized fans to submit entries for a new uniform look for the 2014-15 season. Don’t stand too close that shark tank Mark, you’re liable to accidentally fall in if you don’t right this ship.
- Last but not least, Go Rangers!
“I’m just happy to be here … but you never know what might happen.” Dallas Cowboys RT Doug Free on his pending free-agent status.
Translation: Sure, I’m still on the roster…..but not for reals.
“I’m sure I want to be back…..You can’t make guys want you. You got to go out and perform.” Dallas Cowboys DT Jason Hatcher on his pending free-agent status.
Translation: Hell yeah I want a check for doing nothing.
“I thought it was polite of them [Golden State's Klay Thompson & Stephen Curry] to at least take turns and not both be on fire on the same night.” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich assessing the offensive fire power of Golden State in Game 2.
Translation: Thank you for gift-wrapping Game 1 for us.
“Today, something was different…..Not just with our play, just today was just weird.” Chicago Bulls guard Nate Robinson after getting pummeled by Miami in Game 2.
Translation: We just woke the sleeping giant.
“Singh seeks damages for the PGA Tour’s reckless administration and implementation of its Anti-Doping Program. After exposing Singh, one of the PGA Tour’s most respected and hardest working golfers, to public humiliation and ridicule for months…..” Vijay Singh’s attorney, Peter Ginsberg announcing they have filed a counter lawsuit against the PGA.
Translation: Yes, Vijay sprayed deer antler all over his body like Axe® Body Spray going out of style. Yes, it was a banned substance (at the time). Yes, we knew it was against the rules. Yes, we’re still suing.